If you are like most homeowners you do not think about the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or unless it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be useful to understand how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Elite Bloomington Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn all you need to understand about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it is the right time to hire refrigerator repair Bloomington.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that don’t have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard kitchen appliance for many years. A refrigerator stores food at the right temperature, to prevent spoiling and slow down bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from the interior of the refrigerator to the outside, by using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Elite Bloomington Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s need for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should enlist a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is attached on the rear outside panel of the refrigerator and will help to emit the warmth built-up inside the refrigerator out to the surrounding air.
A evaporator is attached in the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs heat contained inside of it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator stops working, it is time to find a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is transferred through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, thereby turning the gas back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature inside the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling cycle as it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Bloomington for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the next cool down begins. The appliance collects the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The compressor pushes the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the rear of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the room and transforms to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas then continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the coils on the interior of the refrigerator and freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the hot air from within the refrigerator, cooling the temperature back to the best final point.
5. The liquid will evaporate, and will turn back into a gas form, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in a number of applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one location and then transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a house, creates a safe space for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule repair with Elite Bloomington Appliance Repair.
Elite Bloomington Appliance Repair is able to service most popular models of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced technicians in Bloomington complete training to repair problems with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation problems, puddles and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart technology and countless other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working